Friday, May 15, 2015

What to Ask?

Ask and you shall receive.
23 On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. 24 Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.
25 [a]“I have told you this in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures but I will tell you clearly about the Father. 26 On that day you will ask in my name, and I do not tell you that I will ask the Father for you. 27 For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have come to believe that I came from God. 28 I came from the Father and have come into the world. Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”-John16:23-28

Here, Jesus is inviting us to ask anything in His name, and whatever we ask, the Father will give it. However, when we ask, it has to be sincere. Above all, it should be for our own good or according to the will of God. Once there was a family who wished to win the lottery so that their hunger and difficulties will end. One day, they indeed won the jackpot. They lived a life of affluence and wealth. They bought so many things. Pampered everybody. Lived as if money will never run out. Along with it, they became proud people, refusing to come near anything or anybody that is poor or smelly. Time passed and they woke up one day with nothing. Their money is gone. It was a time of reflection for everybody including me who heard their story. I will be honest that I am one of those who want to win the lottery. But is it worth it if I or my family turn into proud and highly materialistic people? No! I would prefer, though, a little win and little money just to settle a few bills all for the greater glory of God. :D

Image courtesy: God's Not Dead


No comments:

Post a Comment