Sunday, May 10, 2015

God is Love

Love and Commandments.
9 As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.
11 “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete. 12 This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. 13 [a]No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have called you friends,[b] because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father. 16 It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. 17 This I command you: love one another.-John15:9-17

They said we make our own love story. The love story of Couple1 will never be the same with Couple2 or with Couple3 even if there are similarities. But I say, God is the one who chooses for us because He is Love and He knows us better than we know ourselves. Some think that it is fate or destiny that they end up with this or that person. But for me, it is a predestined plan of God for us. It is, however, unfortunate that we take the matter into our hands and simply settle for second best. Instead of letting God guide us, we want to control our life. And with this action, we sometimes regret our decision or live a miserable life. Let us allow God, who is Love, to direct our paths to where it should be. Our Lady of Velankanni, pray for us!

Image courtesy: artist

 

No comments:

Post a Comment