Monday, May 11, 2015

Spirit of Truth

"I have told you this so that you may not fall away."
26 “When the Advocate comes whom I will send[a] you from the Father, the Spirit of truth that proceeds from the Father, he will testify to me. 27 And you also testify, because you have been with me from the beginning.
1 “I have told you this so that you may not fall away. 2 They will expel you from the synagogues; in fact, the hour[b] is coming when everyone who kills you will think he is offering worship to God. 3 They will do this because they have not known either the Father or me. 4 I have told you this so that when their hour comes you may remember that I told you.
[c] “I did not tell you this from the beginning, because I was with you.-John15:26-16:4

Sometimes we experience an encounter with God at a certain point in our life that left a very deep impact or a massive turning point or change in us. It can be a loss, bankruptcy, imprisonment, or even death. These experiences bring us closer to God. Jesus is saying to us, "I have told you this so that you may not fall away." If we have Jesus in us, we need not fear. Though very tough times may come our way, Jesus is encouraging us to be steadfast in holding on to the Holy Spirit that says, "Be not afraid. I am with you." Through our own experiences of the presence of God in our life, we can contribute and help in spreading the Good News that Jesus is the true Savior and Messiah, and that He is truly with us alive and guiding us every step of the way.

Image courtesy: artist


No comments:

Post a Comment