Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Advocate

The Advocate comes.
5 But now I am going to the one who sent me, and not one of you asks me,[a] ‘Where are you going?’ 6 But because I told you this, grief has filled your hearts. 7 But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go. For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 8 [b]And when he comes he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation: 9 sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; 11 condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned.-John16:5-11

Yes, it is hard to say goodbye. However, there is more to all relationships than having physical contact. Jesus is saying goodbye to His disciples. Jesus leaves, only to come back again through the Holy Spirit. What is better - to be with Jesus in flesh, or to be with Him in spirit? If Jesus is here in the flesh, He would be subject to the limits of the flesh which is contrary to His true nature. How can He be with all of us - billions of people? In Spirit, Jesus becomes one with us 24/7. He is with me, as He is with you. Actually, since we are a spirited body or a bodied spirit, we can sense Him as clear as though He is in flesh as if He is before us. The question is, are we open to the Spirit?

Image courtesy: artist


No comments:

Post a Comment