Thursday, May 7, 2015

Commandments and Love

Commandment and Love.
9 As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.
11 “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete.-John15:9-11

Jesus said, "If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love." To love is to keep the commandments. To keep the commandments is to love. Commandments and love cannot be separated. Commandments are all about love - loving God and one's neighbor. To love God and one's neighbor is to keep the commandments. I watched a TV series about a very-much married man falling in love with another woman. Later, the man left his family for his mistress. Though they know their sin before God, yet they justify their action by saying, "We did not sin. We only love." Though I champion love, I cannot tolerate a love that rooted from infidelity and unfaithfulness. Jesus is inviting us all to love - love God and to love our neighbor. Yes, there are temptations and 'tests' which challenge our love, faithfulness and fidelity. But we have a choice. We are gifted with a conscience that tells us if sin disguises itself in love.

Image courtesy: artist


No comments:

Post a Comment