Sunday, March 1, 2015

Love is the path to Peace

Love is the path to Peace.
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good, and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what recompense will you have? Do not the tax collectors[a] do the same? 47 And if you greet your brothers only, what is unusual about that? Do not the pagans do the same?[b] 48 So be perfect,[c] just as your heavenly Father is perfect.-Matthew5:43-48

One day, I suddenly felt justified or a little pleased when I imagined that something bad happened to the one who caused me much pain and sorrow. Then I realized that what I imagined or the emotion that I felt was so un-Christ-like. I did the unthinkable. I sent a well-intentioned New Year's greeting to that somebody. Some say it is difficult to love one's enemy. But Jesus says it is possible to love one's enemy. Instead of condemning those who sent Him to the cross, Jesus prayed all the more for forgiveness. One leader said, "There is no path to Peace. Peace is the path." But I say, "There is a path to Peace. Love is the true path to Peace." Somebody must always take the first move towards reconciliation. Somebody must always take the first move to love and let go of anger. God made this move already. We can make this first move also.


Image courtesy: artist 

No comments:

Post a Comment