Thursday, October 30, 2014

An Eggy Story

An enchanted hen!
31 At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, “Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you.”
32 He replied, “Go tell that fox, ‘I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’ 33 In any case, I must press on today and tomorrow and the next day—for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem!
34 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 35 Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’”-Luke13:31-35
My father is away. Unfortunately, he forgot to endorse the chickens to us. The chickens are all looking at me every time I passed by but I did not bother myself with them. As an animal lover, my instinct is always to remember the food, water and needed care any pet or animal must have.
Still, I did not bother myself with them (chickens) though I can sense something is nagging at me somewhere in my thoughts. But the next day, when I passed by, I was struck by the fact that these chickens have not yet eaten the whole day. I quickly put some chicken feeds to a rooster but my problem is with the two hens in a separate cage. They seem to me pretty aggressive and they might peck me. Also, there's an egg that bothers me (I have no experience with chickens so I don't know what will happen if I get the egg). Perhaps, they have waited for so long and they are so hungry that one of them took the egg and ate it! I was shocked and sickened! How can a hen eat her own egg or some hen's egg?!

Enough of the egg story! God is different. He loves us so much that He wants us always to be with Him. Nothing will harm us for He is there to support us and protect us under His 'wings.' If sometimes there's an egg-eater hen or an egg-breaking hen in a brood, well, God will never break us or harm us for His love for us never ends despite our sinfulness. True that we have difficulties. But these difficulties, when seen in a positive way, can lead to our betterment as His children.

Image courtesy: various artists

No comments:

Post a Comment