Thursday, April 30, 2015

Long before it happened

Jesus knows.
16 Amen, amen, I say to you, no slave is greater than his master nor any messenger[a] greater than the one who sent him. 17 If you understand this, blessed are you if you do it. 18 I am not speaking of all of you. I know those whom I have chosen. But so that the scripture might be fulfilled, ‘The one who ate my food has raised his heel against me.’ 19 From now on I am telling you before it happens, so that when it happens you may believe that I AM. 20 Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever receives the one I send receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me.”-John13:16-20

Jesus said, "I know those whom I have chosen." Despite Peter's denial of Jesus, His Majesty still chose him as His disciple. Despite the other disciples' abandonment of Jesus, His Majesty still chose them as His disciples. And despite Judas' betrayal, the truth is, Jesus still chose him as His disciple. If I were to see my future, and if I found out that this or that person will betray me later on, as early as now I am going to distance myself or avoid that person. But Jesus never sent Judas away because He knew that every body can change. Jesus said, "From now on I am telling you before it happens, so that when it happens you may believe that I AM." Jesus is preparing His disciples of what's going to happen. Perhaps this is also Jesus' way of saying to them all not to lose heart, not to despair, to be strong and to believe that He has forgiven them all long before the Passion and Crucifixion happened. Long before our miseries came to be, Jesus has a ready solution at hand. All we have to do is accept the outstretched hand He is offering to us.

Image courtesy: artist

No comments:

Post a Comment