Sunday, April 19, 2015

Better Alternative

Do not be afraid.
16 When it was evening, his disciples went down to the sea, 17 embarked in a boat, and went across the sea to Capernaum. It had already grown dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them. 18 The sea was stirred up because a strong wind was blowing. 19 When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea[a] and coming near the boat, and they began to be afraid. 20 But he said to them, “It is I.[b] Do not be afraid.” 21 They wanted to take him into the boat, but the boat immediately arrived at the shore to which they were heading.-John6:16-21

This is the first time I'm reading this version of Jesus walking in the water. But what struck me the most is the last line in the gospel - 'They wanted to take him into the boat, but the boat immediately arrived at the shore to which they were heading.' I was touched by it because there are many times in my life when I made many plans, many proposals, many promises to God but in the end, He has another plan for me. I tried to make God give me what I want at a certain point in my life, but it was never granted. Though my request was not granted, God gave me a much better gift - I know and still learning Love. It is indeed true that God knows what is best for us.

Image courtesy: The Bible – History Channel


No comments:

Post a Comment