Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Forgive + Pray

Pray + Forgive.
7 [a]In praying, do not babble like the pagans, who think that they will be heard because of their many words.[b] 8 Do not be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.9 [c]“This is how you are to pray:Our Father in heaven,[d] hallowed be your name,10 your kingdom come,[e] your will be done, on earth as in heaven.11 [f]Give us today our daily bread;12 and forgive us our debts,[g] as we forgive our debtors;13 and do not subject us to the final test,[h] but deliver us from the evil one.14 [i]If you forgive others their transgressions, your heavenly Father will forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others, neither will your Father forgive your transgressions.-Matthew6:7-15

This is the Gospel reading that always makes me smile because I am in some way guilty of babbling. Yes, when I pray, so many words come out from my thoughts. I have a story or two to share with God everyday. I communicate with Him as if we are two friends, and when I say communicate, it means He talks too. Jesus is teaching us how to really pray - to acknowledge and praise Our Father in Heaven, His kingdom and His will; supplication; contrition; and deliverance. Let us not grow weary in praying to God!


image courtesy: artist

No comments:

Post a Comment