Thursday, December 11, 2014

Miracle

“... yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.”
There is a similarity between Elijah and John the Baptist. In fact, Jesus even said, “And if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah...” [Matthew11:14]
One of the things that touched me about Elijah was the miracle that the widow of Zarephath received from God through him. Her jar of flour did not go empty; the jug of oil did not run dry, and her dead son was raised back to life.

Yesterday, I was in a little difficulty. I need financial help pretty bad. As my soul poured my problem quietly to God, it is as if He is telling me not to worry. He said, “I helped you this far. I wouldn't abandon you now.” And God made me remember a miracle that Philip Neri did before when he fed some street children. Nothing was on the pot already, nothing to give anymore to the children. Yet, God replenished it so that Philip can still give food to the hungry children. Not only that, I read about what God did to the widow of Zarephath through Elijah - her jar of flour did not go empty; the jug of oil did not run dry, and her dead son was raised back to life. Yes, I believe that God is assuring me of His mercy and love. More than ever, He will not abandon me.

What kind of miracle do you need today?

Image courtesy: Rutilio Manetti (Elijah revives the Son of the Widow of Zarephath)

No comments:

Post a Comment